2023 Monterey County Fair & Event Center Code of Conduct
The Monterey County Fair (MCF) is committed to providing a safe, pleasant, family-oriented environment for all our guests. Therefore, the following activities and behaviors are prohibited:
- Any activity that threatens the safety of MCF guests and associates including; aggressive horseplay, fighting, throwing objects, or the blocking or obstruction of any building, booth, exhibit, concession stand, performance, ticket window, gate, stage, doorway, fire exit, stairway or walkway.
- Any activity that disrupts MCF’s pleasant, family-oriented environment including disruptive profanity, and threatening or vulgar clothing, language or signs.
- Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, theft, or vandalism
- Inappropriate attire; shoes and shirt are always required on Fairground property.
- Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, or other similar products that produce smoke or vapor anywhere other than the designated area(s).
- Failure to maintain proper control of an authorized service animal.
- Failure to follow the direction or reasonable requests of MCF associates.
- Wearing masks, clothing, costumes or similar which obscure or cover the face.
- Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind.
- Guests entering MCF grant unrestricted rights and licenses to promoters, facility management and all other entities associated with MCF or their respective agents to guests’ likeness in any broadcast, telecast, photograph taken or other transmission or reproduction in connection with the event.
- Possession of items prohibited on the Fairgrounds including:
- Guns, knives, mace/pepper spray/stream, or any items that could be considered or used as weapons
- Alcohol, illegal substances or cannabis products in any form
- Bottles, cans or hard-sided containers
- Non-factory sealed plastic bottles (permitted if empty)
- Ice chests or coolers
- Outside food and beverage (unless for medical reasons)
- Pets other than approved service animals
- Tents, tables and large shade umbrellas
- Fireworks, firecrackers
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, skates/rollerblades and Segways
- Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by Fair personnel