Employment At The Monterey County Fair & Event Center
The Monterey County Fair is seeking applicants for positions to staff our Fair Entry Office. Positions are available late June through close of Fair while others are beginning of August through Fair.
Available Positions Are:
- Still Entry Clerk
- Still Entry Computer Processing Clerk
- Livestock Entry Clerk
- Livestock Entry Computer Processing Clerk
Positions involve assisting with the processing, receiving and release of entries. Employees will also be proofing reports, distributing awards, proofing premium payments, performing clerical tasks such as preparing mailing correspondence, data entry, filing, purchasing and answering exhibitor questions via phone, in person and e-mail. Anticipate working some weekends and long hours on show days and during fairtime.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Microsoft programs such as Word, EXCEL and ACCESS as well as ShoWorks is preferred but can be trained, however is a requirement for the Computer Processing Clerk positions.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely and accurate manner is required and should be comfortable juggling several projects with changing priorities.
- Enjoy working independently and in a team environment.
- Applicants must have a flexible “Can-Do” attitude.
- All positions require excellent customer service skills and attention to detail is crucial.
Monterey County Fair
2004 Fairground Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Or e-mail to Alyssa@montereycountyfair.com. Please reference the job title for which you are applying. All applicants will be interviewed by an independent interview panel.