Fair Code Of Conduct
The Monterey County Fair (MCF) is committed to providing a safe, pleasant, family-oriented environment for all our guests. Therefore, the following activities and behaviors are prohibited:
1. Any activity that threatens the safety of MCF guests and associates including; aggressive horseplay, fighting, throwing objects, or the blocking or obstruction of any building, booth, exhibit, concession stand, performance, ticket window, gate, stage, doorway, fire exit, stairway or walkway.
2. Any activity that disrupts MCF’s pleasant, family-oriented environment including disruptive profanity, and threatening or vulgar clothing, language or signs.
3. Any act defined by federal, state, or local statute or ordinances as constituting a crime including damage, destruction, theft, or vandalism
4. Inappropriate attire; shoes and shirt are always required on Fairground property.
5. Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, or other similar products that produce smoke or vapor anywhere other than the designated area(s).
6. Failure to maintain proper control of an authorized service animal.
7. Failure to follow the direction or reasonable requests of MCF associates.
8. Wearing masks, clothing, costumes or similar which obscure or cover the face.
9. Solicitation including the selling and/or distribution of materials of any kind.
10. Guests entering MCF grant unrestricted rights and licenses to promoters, facility management and all other entities associated with MCF or their respective agents to guests’ likeness in any broadcast, telecast, photograph taken or other transmission or reproduction in connection with the event.
11. Possession of items prohibited on the Fairgrounds including:
a. Guns, knives, mace/pepper spray/stream, or any items that could be considered or used as weapons
b. Alcohol, illegal substances or cannabis products in any form
c. Bottles, cans or hard-sided containers
d. Non-factory sealed plastic bottles (permitted if empty)
e. Ice chests or coolers
f. Outside food and beverage (unless for medical reasons)
h. Pets other than approved service animals
i. Tents, tables and large shade umbrellas
j. Fireworks, firecrackers
k. Unmanned aerial vehicles
l. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, skates/rollerblades and Segways
m. Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by MCF personnel
The Monterey County Fair reserves the right to determine what activities constitute violations of this Code of Conduct and to take any and all actions permitted by applicable law, including without limitation removal and prosecution.
To ensure a safe, pleasant, family-oriented environment for all our guests, the Monterey County Fair (MCF) conducts security screening, utilizing metal detectors and bag searches, at the entrance gates. All persons and their possessions are subject to security screening and the following items are prohibited from the fairgrounds:
• Guns, knives, mace/pepper spray/stream, or any items that could be considered or used as weapons
• Alcohol, illegal substances or cannabis products in any form
• Bottles, cans or hard-sided containers
• Non-factory sealed plastic bottles (permitted if empty)
• Ice chests or coolers
• Outside food and beverage (unless for medical reasons)
• Pets other than approved service animals
• Grills, charcoal and flammable liquids
• Tents, tables and large shade umbrellas
• Fireworks, firecrackers
• Unmanned aerial vehicles
• Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, skates/rollerblades and Segways
• Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by MCF personnel