MONTEREY, CA. (June 26, 2020) — The Monterey County Fair & Event Center will host a Fair Food Drive-Thru on weekends so you can pick up and enjoy some of your favorite Monterey County Fair goodies without ever leaving your car!
The Fair Food Drive Thru will be held from 5-9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, starting June 26-27, and Friday, July 3. For Fourth of July, hours will be extended from 12 noon to 9 p.m.
Enter at Gate #6 at the fairgrounds, drive through the fairgrounds, order your favorites, including from popular food trucks, and the food will be delivered to your car, then you can exit at gate #4.
Those attending the drive-in movie event, can re-enter at Gate #6 to enter the Pattee Arena for the screenings, which will be held weekends through the summer. Food is also available at the drive-in movies, but must be pre-ordered to be delivered to your car that night. You do not need to attend the movies to take part in Fair Food Drive-Thru, however.
Fair Food Drive-Thru features such county fair goodies as hot dogs, nachos, funnel cake, deep-fried Oreos, Twinkies and Snickers, popcorn, pickles, churros, caramel apples, cotton candy, kettle corn, smoked turkey leg, corn dogs, mozzarella sticks, and deep-fried mushrooms and zucchini from popular fair vendors such as Papa’s Papas, Candyland, and Sierra Korn. To pre-order from Sierra Korn, text (530) 717-9671
For a map and a list of vendors serving at the Drive-Thru, go to:
Here’s how it works:
- Enter fairgrounds through Gate 6 on Fairground Road. You will be given a menu with options for the night or view menu online here.
- Masks must be worn at all times except when eating.
- Follow signs for Drive-Thru to proceed to ordering area.
- A member of each food stand’s team will approach your vehicle to take your order and payment. Please have your order ready.
- Vendors accept cash, credit/debit.
- Once your order is placed, you will take your food and exit through Gate 4. If you have a large order, you will be asked to park in our 30-minute parking area adjacent to food stands while your order is being prepared.
- Your order will be delivered to your vehicle once ready.
- To exit, follow the directional signs. Safety is our number one priority. We will be following all required guidelines and best practices for operating safely in this new normal.
Here is what we’re doing to keep you safe:
- All staff required to wear disposable gloves and face masks at all times.
- All staff required to wash hands prior to starting work, frequently during shifts and between tasks. Staff are required to wash hands and change gloves every 30 minutes.
- All staff to have temperature check upon arriving for work.
- All food handled with utensils to limit touchpoints.
About the Monterey County Fair & Event Center
The Monterey County Fair & Event Center is a premier event center set on 22 oak-studded acres with ample parking. It is a state-owned multi-use facility that features four large banquet rooms, two outdoor concert venues, and a variety of outdoor and indoor cost-effective sites ideal for all types of events. It is home of the annual award-winning Monterey County Fair, host to many major and private events on the Central Coast, and the site of the Monterey Bay Race Place, a Satellite Wagering Facility.
For more information, contact the Fair Administration Office, at 2004 Fairground Road in Monterey, by calling (831) 372-5863 or go to www.montereycountyfair.comfor more information.